Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tip Tuesday - Paper Goods

Paper Goods

I find that when planning a party things can add up quickly.  I have found a way to save money on paper goods.  We usually do not have a lot of people at our parties and so I avoid the party store where I will end up with more than I need at a higher price and head on over to Walmart. They always have a nice selection of colors and in the amount that I need.  You can always check out your local dollar store too.



I picked up these paper plates and napkins.
Perfect for a Cat in the Hat party.
18 Count Paper Plates
30 Count napkins
Total Cost for both $3.00

While I was there I checked out the tissue paper. I knew that I wanted to make tissue paper pom poms at the request of my daughter who wants them at her party. I have ordered them in the past and knew it would be expensive to order them again. I did not want to spend a lot of money on tissue paper in case I failed at making them. Again I found the perfect colors and at $1.00 a piece I bought four packages.


Total cost for 4 packages of tissue paper
$4.00

The good news is I figured out how to make the tissue paper pom poms and saved myself a lot of money!
When I ordered  them in the past it cost me $30.00 plus shipping for seven pom poms. I will be able to make at least seven if not more for $4.00.

My trip to Walmart $7.00. Not bad!!






No comments: