Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

DYI Wednsday - Wall Art

I love wall art! Decals. Vinyl Letters. Anything that I can put on the walls without damaging them is a plus since we live in an apartment.  It is also a very easy way to make a statement on your wall.  I wanted to do something similar for Ella's birthday party but was not about to use vinyl. I didn't quite know what I wanted to do and then it came to me while I was reading her The Cat in the Hat. I thought why not take a paragraph out of the book and make a boarder around the living room with it.  The best part is I did it for $2.00.  




I used my cricut and cut out 5 inch letters out of black paper (on sale at Micheals for $1.99). I wanted to be sure that they were large enough for people to be able to read. I then took some craft tack by Aleenes that I had in the house and put a little bit on the back of each letter. My husband then helped me put them on the wall because my 5ft self could not reach where I wanted them to go. 



So far I love how the boarder is coming out!
Will be finishing it tonight when I get home
from work.






No comments: