Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Ella's Birthday Week - Cat in the Hat

This week is birthday week in honor of Ella turning three on Thursday.  Each day this week I will share a little detail of her birthday with you. 

Last week on Tip Tuesday I said that I made one Big Mistake this year while planning her party. Today I am going to share that with you.


If you have been following me you know that I am a huge fan of printables! Since my daughter wanted a Cat in the Hat birthday this year I figured that that was the best route to go. I thought I hit gold when I found a Cat in the Hat party package at Dimple Prints on Etsy. The whole birthday package cost me $10.00 and I thought that was a great deal considering all it came with. 

 But I learned a valuable lesson when it comes to printables. I have never printed out a whole party before and I was so excited to start printing off what I needed to decorate her party with.   I started printing and not even half way through what I wanted to print my ink ran out - off to Staples I go to buy another ink cartridge. Thinking OK I can print the rest off and I should have enough ink - NOPE I was wrong. I was still not done printing off what I needed and now needed to buy a third ink cartridge. So needless to say something that I thought I was being smart buying has now cost me $60.00, which is a huge chunk out of my budget! I am using my In Laws printer since ours died and we are in need of a new computer so have not replaced ours yet. They have a small printer so the ink cartridges do not hold a lot of ink, so someone using an ink friendly printer may not run into this same problem. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE printables and will continue to use them just not print out a whole party with them!!

Here is a little sneak peak of her Invites!





At the end of the week we will see if I managed to stay on budget. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: