Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Valentine Party

My daughters Best Friend Casey came over for a play date today and I wanted to surprise them with a little Valentine Party. My budget was $25.00.  I did most of my shopping at Target and had picked up Heart straws at Walmart a couple weeks ago. I was only having two little guests but you could still acheive the same party with a few more kids and skip the favor boxes for the same price.

This was a simple, easy party to do.  I kept it low key since I was planning it the day before the party.



 I LOVE the color scheme. Perfect for a 2.5 yr old party!


I hung tissue paper Pom poms for the light fixture in the kitchen that I had saved from my Best Friends Bridal Shower.  But they are really easy to make.  You can check out Martha Stewarts blog for them instructions on how to make them. Click here.

The banner came all in one piece but I found it too long to hang so I took it apart in three pieces which made it easier.




For the favor boxes I cut out the work Love and glued it to white card stock - I made it look like an oversized tag and used tulle that I had in the house to make and wrapped it around the boxes.



The girls enjoying their party!



Target
Cookies - $3.00
M&M's - $2.50
Plates  - $1.50
Stickers - $2.00
Dinosaurs - $2.00
Hippo Bowl - $3.00
Banner - $3.00
Placemats - $1.79 each
Favor Boxes - $1.00 each

Walmart
Heart Straws - $2.00

Grand Total
$24.58 Not bad!

No comments: